Monday, February 4, 2013

Apple Smacks!

Last week sometimes I realized that my CD/DVD-Burner was not working. After much checking the setting I started looking into other reasons it was not working. Oh did I mention this is a 2007 Macbook and even back then, I payed a good penny for it! I came across some chats that were saying that the last firmware update people got rendered their drives useless also. So I called Apple. At the time I called, the service people were not open, although the sales guys were. After talking to one of them and letting him know everything that happened he agreed that there was a problem with the firmware, because he had the same issue, and directed me to call back when support was open. So I waited and hour later I called back...of course I had to explain everything all over again. I finally got a hold of someone that agreed to help me without a charge. She went through a few things with me and thought that my superdrive (as they call it) was broken. The superdrive wasn't broken before the firmware update..Thank You! So being the person I am,I found out that the firmware update I got went to Mountain Lion, I am running SnowLeopard. I went to the Apple website and decided to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Had to delete a lot of stuff so as to have enough disk space to install on, No big deal. I also checked the memory specs and had just enough since I previously had upgraded.Click download and .....NO! Your computer is incompatible....WHAT!! I called Apple again and they told me that the Mountain Lion upgrade was for 2008 computers and newer, mine was a year to old. At this point I am devastated..there smacking me around! Then suddenly I had a though...Re-format! So I proceeded to borrow someone's external CD player..We re-formatted and re-installed snow leopard..Brilliant, Right? Wrong! It did no good, because Apple burns there firmware updates to the logic board, which is the equivilent of a motherboard. Now I am stuck re-installing what I need by hand untill my new external cd/dvd drive comes that I ordered from Office depot. See you actually need a cd/dvd player to re-install a previous time machine version of your Macbook. Well in the process of doing all this I also found out that when you go to Apple Store and see previously purchased items, they are no longer available to download either, Tell me I need a different version of a computer...Thank You again APPLE for the Smacks! I know I need a new computer, but Please do not push me into buying something that is not broke yet, until you broke it!! In the process of looking at computers, I have found out that new computers are hitting the market. Not sure how I missed this news but I have found several that I really Like! They are ultrabooks and...get this a tablet! Yes an Ultrabook and a tablet..Convertables! LOVE IT!! Here is one I am looking at. Leave a comment and tell me what You think.

No comments:

Post a Comment